The Hicks Group Patients Forum
(Covering the Charles Hicks and Roman Gate Surgeries)
Huntingdon & Godmanchester
Charles Hicks Centre
History of the Practice
The Practice has been in existence, in various forms and in various buildings, since 1821. The Charles Hicks Centre was built in 1987 and extended in 1992.
The Roman Gate Surgery replaced premises in Old Court Hall and was occupied in February 1994. The new surgery was built on the site of the Roman gate Garage operated by Jack Trigwell. It is named Roman Gate as it is very close to the site of Godmanchester’s West Gate in the Roman period.
The present complement of Partners and doctors joined the practice at different dates between 1983 and 2015.
Roman Gate Surgery